Real world menu choices for real people trying to be calorie conscious throughout their day.
Tips for using the Daily Diet effectively:
- Have a calorie goal for the day (and every day.)
- Keep a food journal so you know what you ate (and how many calories.)
- If you're eating at a different restaurant from what's featured here, do the best with what's available. Look for a similar entre, or read the nutrition guide and order something which fits within your calorie budget.
- Keep in mind - every pound of fat in your body is 3,500 calories worth of energy, just waiting to be released and burned. If you're still a little hungry throughout the day, that's great - it means your body might just be tapping into that excess reserve.
- Check out the Daily Diet page for more details, information, examples, and links.
Today's meal plan
- Breakfast: Cereal w/ skim milk. (Honey Bunches of Oats)
- Morning Snack: Pretzels
- Lunch: Paradise Bakery - Thai Chopped Salad w/ cup of low-fat soup
- Afternoon Snack: grapes
- Dinner: two ground beef tacos
- Dessert: 1/2 banana
Total Calories: 1,200 - 1,400 (depending on portion sizes)
It's not easy, but it's doable. And once you reach your goal, "maintenance mode", where you can eat as many calories as you burn, and which should last the rest of your life, will feel like a change from fasting to feasting!