Here's a summer fruit juicee with some ingredients you might not think to combine, but which tastes surprisingly refreshing together:
- Orange Juice - 8 oz
- Banana - 1, peeled
- Blueberries - approx 2/3 cup, fresh or frozen
- Watermelon - approx 1 cup, sliced into chunks
- Ice (optional) - just a couple-few cubes
- Put all the ingredients into a Magic Bullet cup. (or any other blender device.)
- Screw on the blade cap.
- Blend until juicee'd.
- Approximately 300-350 calories, depending on the amount of each fruit.
- 110 calories from Orange Juice
- 121 Medium Banana
- 57 Blueberries
- 46 Watermelon
- Calorie counts for fruit provided by calorieking.com
A fruit juicee makes a great whole-food-ingredient replacement for a breakfast or "snack-aisle" snack. It's also terrific for refueling quickly after a good workout.
Give this one a try and let me know what you think!
- Chris Butterworth